March 6, 2014

A BIG SURPRISE

Incredible as it seems, we appear to have sold the house only two days after it went on the market!

I was certainly hoping for a quick sale, to get it over with before I lost my nerve, but I did expect it to take a few months, not just a few days!

Of course it could all go horribly wrong if our buyer drops out for some reason so I'm not counting my chickens just yet.  However with all the sorting and packing to do there will not be too much time for baking in this house for a while so the blog may go quiet and not be updated quite so regularly until we’re more settled – and I can wrestle my baking tins back out of their packing cases !!

I shall be keeping up with my blog reading though – I have to have something to do at 5.30 in the morning when I’m wide awake and can’t seem to get back to sleep !!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That was quick. Hope it all goes well, Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news. I hope everything goes really smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, We are now total nervous wrecks, in case it doesn't.
      As the house silts up with cardboard and plastic boxes full of our packing I live in absolute dread that we might lose the sale and have to start all over again!

      Delete